Making a video diary of your child with special needs can serve several needs. From helping with diagnosis to your own personal sanity and encouragement, grab a camera and start today. Below are the top 5 ways I used a video diary with my daughter since she was 20 months old: 1. Help professionals diagnose …
Category Archive: Social Stories
Here is an example of the social story I created for my daughter Sophia about “Going to the Library.” Social stories work great for teaching social situations to children with Autism or Sensory Integration Disorder. Each story should be personalized to your child including the “sensory issues” they have along the way with that activity. …
Social stories are an incredible way to teach a social skill to your child. Children with sensory processing or anxiety disorders seem to have a difficult time learning most social skills. They just don’t come as natural they other children learn. There are many ways to create a social story. Here are the variations and …
- Sophia Turns 9 – Oh The Milestones We Have To Celebrate!
- Emergencies – Is Your Child Predictably Unpredictable?
- Memoir Entry #1: Early Signs of “Not Normal”
- Memoir Entry #2 – Reconstructing Memories of My Other Children
- Memoir Entry #3 – Obsessed with Observing
- Sensory Fashion. Big Headphones are Cool!
- Gifts for Children with Autism
- Imaginative play can offer sweet rewards!
- Activity: Clothesline
- Activity: Reinventing UNO the game
- Review: The 100 Board – Montessori Counting Skills
- Activity: Daily Coin Purse
- Activity: Learning to Count Money
- Take Time to Stop and Smell the Soap!
- Making a Video Diary for Special Needs Children
- Sophia and Truman – A Whole New Social Life!
- Truman Helps Entertain Sophia While I Entertain Guests
- 8 Ways to Improve Service Dog Bonding
- Truman and Sophia – Managing Expectations!
- Truman Finds Sophia in a Real Track!